Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast

Thread: NEA 308 semi auto! BCL102 previously NEA102/NEA 25. Non restricted

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_police View Post
    So, real or a special on the empty boxes?

Knowing our resident Kung-Fu Panda... They're real. Probably for his work gun.

By the way, WP... I still have those two hats you snagged for me when you went to Blackwater for that course a bunch of years ago
    I never did play well with others. Never wanted to.
    Still some jackass on the other side of the internet pissing people off since the days of dial-up.

Hey guys, before I drop 500 bones, will this fit?

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-kn...-0-ras-12-1-4/

Want to make an M110ish clone
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_police View Post
    I have one of those.....except mine's defective....has a big gaping hole on the business end, and does nothing to make my rifle quiet.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post

Not sure. The first ones had an armalite thread pattern so likely would work but we just don’t know with the newest one. I’m actually a bit pissed at the lack of info on the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post

unfortunately, that is a no, SR25 uses DPMS barrel thread pattern.
    I am not an animal I am a human bean!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    Not sure. The first ones had an armalite thread pattern so likely would work but we just don’t know with the newest one. I’m actually a bit pissed at the lack of info on the specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    unfortunately, that is a no, SR25 uses DPMS barrel thread pattern.
    Thanks guys, I haven't bought one of these, but my buddy did and was wondering what sort of things he can do to it. I guess his will be the guinea pig for now, hahaha!

Gents

Before I begin, I hope you all had a good Christmas, and I collectively wish you all the greatest success for 2018.

Now to business.............

The general operating principle of the NEA of old, (and by extension BCL) was and is to give as little information as possible. This way they could not be held accountable for the material changes in specs.

It was my understanding that the Gen 1 BCL used an Armalite style BCG and barrel extension, along with Armalite pattern threads for the Free float tube. After all, the reason for the NR was the ability to trace its lineage to the AR-10B.

I actually had a Gen 1 in my hands, and was able to see this for myself.

Now the Gen 2's have been released, and their pattern spec's have become less clear.

However one needs to keep something in mind...........

I have successfully built a reliable carbine in 308 using and Armalite AR-10B upper and lower receiver with a DPMS bcg and barrel.
    (Note:Please be advised the above is provided simply for informational purpose, and anyone using said information, does so at their own risk.)

A good friend of mine is still shooting this carbine, so I was not surprised to hear about Saskatoon Gunworks swapping out the standard barrel and BCG on a Gen 1 BLC for a a Ballistic advantage 6.5 creedmore barrel and BCG which are DPMS pattern (At least that is my understanding of what they did). I was surprised to hear that they needed an Armalite AR-10 rifle length gas tube (15.5" long AR-15 rifle length tubes are about 15.125" long) to make it work. Further getting necessary parts from Armalite has never been easy, and it seems to be getting worse. However this is more than likely a foible of using a Balistic Advantage barrel, as opposed to a BCL generational issue.

Further, AR-10's/AR's in 308 are not like AR-15's. There is no Hard and fast "mil-spec" and tolerances vary widely between manufacturers. In the true spirit of NEA, I would not be surprised if the receiver rail height is there one spec, and the ability for getting the rails on the free float tube to line up with the receiver rail will only happen if you use NEA product. All that being said, the only way to be sure is to actually have one in hand, and to tear it apart, start taking measurements, and see for ones self.

However, for the dollars spent, I am sure many will feel that it is worth the risk. Shrug.........only time will tell.

These are just my thoughts, and I invite any constructive thoughts the members here might have.

Warmest regards

AbH

Posted by SFRC

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist
    BCL just released this. It doesn’t effect BCL102 production as it’s mostly already moved to the new facility. If anything it should create more machine time to make 102’s in the mean time.

What it will mean is fewer BCL AR15’s, AR15 parts and AR15 barrels. We will also be clearing out all remaining NEA branded products.

More individual and dealer orders for FDE and ODG 102’s are shipping this week. A large dealer order is heading to Canada Ammo shortly so they may have some available.

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast