Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: NEA 308 semi auto! BCL102 previously NEA102/NEA 25. Non restricted

I've seen flaky Nork finishes too. But at least they anodize!
    I never did play well with others. Never wanted to.
    Still some jackass on the other side of the internet pissing people off since the days of dial-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    I've seen flaky Nork finishes too. But at least they anodize!
    I'm with you on the anodizing. It's also what I'm familiar with in AR rifles. I'm suspect that cerekoted on non anodized aluminum will be anywhere near as good. But... I fully admit that I'm not familiar with cerekote so I'm hoping I'm wrong on this. My gut feeling is that I'm not but hopefully it is decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    I'm with you on the anodizing. It's also what I'm familiar with in AR rifles. I'm suspect that cerekoted on non anodized aluminum will be anywhere near as good. But... I fully admit that I'm not familiar with cerekote so I'm hoping I'm wrong on this. My gut feeling is that I'm not but hopefully it is decent enough.
    I bought a rifle which was previously enjoyed. The previous owner had the thing cerakoted but it chipped fairly easily. Then again, it was done by a certain Viet Nam Sniper we all know so well, so I'm not surprised it was done so poorly.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

When done properly Cerakote can be pretty good, especially the hot/oven cured method AND properly prepped, but its nowhere near the hard anodized finish.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Pennsylvania Assembly, 11th November 1755

CSSA & NRA Member
    EOSC Member

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post
    Then again, it was done by a certain Viet Nam Sniper we all know so well, so I'm not surprised it was done so poorly.
    Well, PSTD can be very dibilitation
    I am not an animal I am a human bean!

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Just when you thought they couldn’t add another wing logo...
    What is this the official rifle of the Detroit red wings?

That being said I like the looks of that rifle. Just needs a new stock and that brake looks too long.

Already sold out ??!!
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Pennsylvania Assembly, 11th November 1755

CSSA & NRA Member
    EOSC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    Just when you thought they couldn’t add another wing logo...
    What is this the official rifle of the Detroit red wings?

That being said I like the looks of that rifle. Just needs a new stock and that brake looks too long.
    So, they have the wings on the charging handle, side of the mag well and now on the hand guard. Wonder where else they can fit it, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by #ThePewPew556 View Post
    Already sold out ??!!
    Lol, is this the 3rd pre-order? Looks like the IOP is also sold out again.
    Last edited by mister donut; 04-08-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #ThePewPew556 View Post
    Already sold out ??!!
    3rd pre order / IOP was sold out in February. They have just finished shipping all the second pre orders. The one in the photo is likely the last of the second pre order. So... expect a 4th pre order in the near future.

Apparently they are up to 10-12 rifles a day for manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post
    So, they have the wings on the charging handle, side of the mag well and now on the hand guard. Wonder where else they can fit it, haha!
    It doesn't look bad. It's just not necessary. I would rather they saved the money/time and included an "enhanced" trigger guard or something that would save me a few dollars so I don't have to change it. Focus on the issues cropping up rather than more brand name recognition. If that name brand recognition is garbage then the logo doesn't add value to the product. Right now even with all the issues that have shown up, I realize they must be over 500 rifles now in the wild and it won't be long before they hit 1000. So the issues I've seen aren't extreme for the numbers out there. That being said, they should focus on their QC rather than logos!!
    Last edited by Full Metal Jacket; 04-08-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast