Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 700P or 700 Police

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    I actually asked MD if he could take some photos for me as my photos on the iphone don't cut it and his photos look good.
    Haha, offer is still open, just need to find some time and a sunny day
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

If anyone is looking for a 700P (full length 26" model), I come upon one while looking at a dealer's online listing. Not sure if the price is good on it (Vs say the current asking price of a 5r w/ same barrel length), let me know.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Pennsylvania Assembly, 11th November 1755

CSSA & NRA Member
    EOSC Member

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post
    Haha, offer is still open, just need to find some time and a sunny day
    Sounds good. Time lately has been the biggest issue.

In case anyone wants a real M24, Wanstalls has a few left for $5,179 plus tax, $500 deposit, .308 only, rifle only (i.e. no deployment kit, scope, front sight, or glass).

New production from Remington, Wanstalls claims they will not make more or at least won't be available in Canada again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanstalls
    If anyone interested in owning one of these rare Remington m-24's contact us direct:

gary@wanstallsonline.com or 1-888-967-4867

Very few available to Canadian market, coming soon....

*scope, bipod and front sight not included
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Without a scope it is kind of pricey for a 24" Remington 700 5R with a $560 HS Precision M24 Tac stock.
    I am not an animal I am a human bean!

I'm not an expert on the M24, but if I understand correctly, the originals came with Rock Creek barrels which were a lot heavier profile than the standard 5R milspec for civvie sales.

I'm curious how much it costs for these guys to build one:

http://www.choubrothersprecision.com...ebuildin308win
    Last edited by mister donut; 08-10-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post
    I'm curious how much it costs for these guys to build one
    for the sake of your marriage STOP!!!

However the components on the M24 are pretty much off the shelf items, Rock Creek Barrel, 10X fixed Leo scope and rings, HS Precision stock, Harris bipods, the only thing that unique is Remington 700 LA receiver re-chambered for a 7.62X51 short action round.
    I am not an animal I am a human bean!

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    for the sake of your marriage STOP!!!

However the components on the M24 are pretty much off the shelf items, Rock Creek Barrel, 10X fixed Leo scope and rings, HS Precision stock, Harris bipods, the only thing that unique is Remington 700 LA receiver re-chambered for a 7.62X51 short action round.
    Lol, you know me well, and you are right, I better stop right now.

At least I drew the line with my Mk12 build and didn't go too crazy.

An M24 clone build would be right up there with some of the dumber things I've done......

Though I think Wanstalls has an unofficial 5% mil discount or something....

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, I should just be content with my 700p....good enough.

The rumour is the early 5R rifles were from the M24 barrels. Considering at that time the only 5R barrel equipment they had was for the M24 barrels... An employee advised the barrels weren't defects but were recontoured over runs.

The M24 is it's own beast. But price wise I would pick up a Cadex guardian 308 instead if looking in the 5K range. PGW is another consideration. Or... A NEA/BCL 102, 5R milspec and 700P!!

The M24's value is really only as a collection piece at this point.

My buddy just picked up an M24, posted the unboxing and pics here:

http://www.canadianfirearmcentral.ca...=6016#post6016

I want....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12