Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My newest project - AR-15 in 6x45

I very much appreciate this is a resurrection of a somewhat stale post, however I thought it might very well be timely.

With the advent of the SLR upper an lower receiver group which will be classed None-Restricted, this may well give the 6x45 (or 6mm-223) a new and well deserved lease on life!!

Further, with the new year upon us, and the colder months to come, my interest this cartridge has been rekindled and an looking forward to working with it again.

Any how to business

Group C with the 55 Nosler looked very promising.
    Thank you!! I was reviewing the Hodgdon Data on the cartridge for this cartridge. While they do not list 55 grains they do list a 60 Grain Sierra HP

for H4895 the range is 25.5 - 27.5(compressed)
    For BL-C(2) the range is 28.0 - 30.0

It would seem that for the 55 grain projectile I have been working in the lower range of the spectrum and the may be much more room to work

Further I have heard that BL-C(2) will gave exceptional velocity and preformance when working with the more fragile M-14 (308) gas system and I look forward to seeing what it can do with the 6x45

What type of FPS would these be generating with these loads and that barrel?
    Unfortunately I do not have a chronograph that will work well indoors, however If one were to interpolate from the data given, I would conservatively guess:

- Around 2700-2800 fps for the 55 grain (I was not pushing hard)

-Around 2,850 for the 70 grains (as I was working in the appropriate load range with this load)

If anyone has a LabRadar Doppler Radar Chronograph they would care to lend me, we could put some real numbers to this question.

On a side note, I was cleaning up my reloading room, and stumbled across some forgotten 6mm projectiles of various weights not yet tested, and I am interested to see how these will work.

Any how thanks for taking the time to read my post and please stay tuned for future developments!!

Good thread!

What’s the expectation for barrel life with this caliber?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12