Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Valour thread (Yes Canadian spelling).

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Orlov View Post
    Anyone looking for a good laugh about Tricky Ricky's history of lies and cheating check out this thread on Stolen Valour. I don't know how this guy is in business still with the web of lies he weaves.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post11307727
    Sorry, going off topic again, but I stumbled on this and wondered if anyone's seen this before?

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Stolen Valour thread (Yes Canadian spelling).

I was sort of on the fence about whether or not to start this thread here, but I felt like maybe this sort of information shouldn't "go away" as it did on www.canadiangunnutz.com

A good number of people were banned because of it, myself included, but I'm not starting this thread here because I'm being vindictive or "have an axe to grind". I simply believe that this sort of information should be made available instead of swept under the carpet.

I find it sad when an individual feels they must misrepresent themselves in such away to make themselves feel good. I think the public ridicule they are showered with when discovered is not undeserved. When a business owner is guilt of such an act however, it becomes a matter of credibility, and this sort of history should not be hidden from potential consumers.

Publicly available information and first hand testimonials suggest that on a balance of probabilities the information presented was true. I find it extremely disappointing that the discussion was simply washed away.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Stolen Valour thread (Yes Canadian spelling).

This topic came up during the modern hunter thread. In order to keep that thread more about the firearm, I've opened this one up.

This issue has come to light for the public recently in Canada with the fake soldier at the Remembrance parade a few years ago. In that case he was actually wearing a doctored up uniform at the parade. Those who actually served contacted CBC after seeing it and pointed out all the parts that were wrong with the uniform. An investigation was done and it was discovered that he was never a soldier. This hit the media in Canada front and centre as they broadcasted the parade with this fake soldier in the limelight. I seem to recall they even did a quick interview during the parade.

Franck Gervais, 32, of Cantley, Que. — a town north of Gatineau — has been charged under Section 130 of the Criminal Code with impersonating a public officer and misleading use of a badge or uniform. He’s also been charged under Section 419 with unlawful use of a military uniform and decoration.

Among the apparent incongruities cited by a Canadian Forces warrant officer: The man portraying himself as a soldier wore a pathfinders badge, an advanced reconnaissance award worn by a select few soldiers; the beret perched on his head was too small; he should have been wearing a red sash over his shoulder, something all infantry NCOs wear when in dress uniform with their medals; he wore an outdated brigade patch on his right shoulder; and his beaver-shaped collar dogs were crooked. ANDREW DUFFY / OTTAWA CITIZEN
    http://ottawacitizen.com/news/nation...ttawa-ceremony

419. Every one who without lawful authority, the proof of which lies on him,

(a) wears a uniform of the Canadian Forces or any other naval, army or air force or a uniform that is so similar to the uniform of any of those forces that it is likely to be mistaken therefor,

(b) wears a distinctive mark relating to wounds received or service performed in war, or a military medal, ribbon, badge, chevron or any decoration or order that is awarded for war services, or any imitation thereof, or any mark or device or thing that is likely to be mistaken for any such mark, medal, ribbon, badge, chevron, decoration or order,

(c) has in his possession a certificate of discharge, certificate of release, statement of service or identity card from the Canadian Forces or any other naval, army or air force that has not been issued to and does not belong to him, or

(d) has in his possession a commission or warrant or a certificate of discharge, certificate of release, statement of service or identity card, issued to an officer or a person in or who has been in the Canadian Forces or any other naval, army or air force, that contains any alteration that is not verified by the initials of the officer who issued it, or by the initials of an officer thereto lawfully authorized,

is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 377.
    In the United States there is a similar law that was enacted in 2005.

Now there is also another form of this where the person provides BS stories about service that they either never did or exagerated service. You'll notice most of these guys claimed to be "snipers" or the UK favourite "SASS". There are dedicated sites around the world designed to verify if these people are for real or not. Due to the nature of the consequences with outing someone that actually did serve as a fake, the top end sites do a very thorough investigation before either vindicating or outing. I would guess that they have to in order to avoid liability.

The fake warrior project in the States is one that caught my attention recently. http://fakewarriors.org/

Verify retired or discharged military claims made.
    Report suspected false military claims.
    Verify the resume of your guest speaker.
    Stop the epidemic of military imposters.
    Urge prosecution of those making phony and wannabee military claims!

We are able to verify job applicant's military (retired or discharged) claims.
    We request actual military records under FOIA.
    We work with a team of retirees, active duty military, experts, historians and law enforcement personnel.

If it's just too good to be true - check it out!

“The remedy for speech that is false is speech that is true." George Orwell’s novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.
    Last edited by Full Metal Jacket; 03-05-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks for sorting this out FMJ. Looks like they schwacked a bunch of people this time around, so who knows how history is being rewritten over there.

Just brutal.

tag this thread

I should probably mention what sort of got me to revisit this topic, especially when it came to ATRS. It was actually in a completely unrelated thread, someone’s rant thread about the word custom.
    Anyway, this was posted in that thread and had me scratching my head:
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    There are many words that have lost their true meaning over the last several years.
    Custom, Tactical, Build is grossly over used as there are VERY few that are truly capable of turning raw materials into finished products.
    My pet peeve is the word Hero. It seems to be used for just about everyone who ever got out of bed in the morning since 911. My question is what will we bestow on someone like Audie Murphy?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ot-custom-quot

I really don’t think he of all people should be gobbing off about his opinion of the word Hero.
    Last edited by mister donut; 03-06-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post
    I should probably mention what sort of got me to revisit this topic, especially when it came to ATRS. It was actually in a completely unrelated thread, someone’s rant thread about the word custom.
    Anyway, this was posted in that thread and had me scratching my head:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ot-custom-quot

I really don’t think he of all people should be gobbing off about his opinion of the word Hero.
    I saw that a bit ago. I just figured it was ironic humour? Plus I get the feeling he was trying to indirectly associate himself with a real hero. He's fairly slick. I think he missed his calling as a cult leader or ponzie scheme director.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    I saw that a bit ago. I just figured it was ironic humour? Plus I get the feeling he was trying to indirectly associate himself with a real hero. He's fairly slick. I think he missed his calling as a cult leader or ponzie scheme director.
    My thoughts exactly. Given his past history and claims to have been a sniper in Viet Nam, it came across as a failed attempt at humility.

In reality, I found his words insulting to people who really are heroes, something he would know nothing about.

could you give me a little overview of the story looked it up and im not sure whats going on...

was the owner of ATRS pretending to have a tour in Vietnam but never did ?

thanks

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...NEA102-release

Lol, the stolen valour thing is coming up in this thread.
    Last edited by mister donut; 08-09-2017 at 04:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast