Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's playing on Netflix? Movies reviews/recommendatons.

What's playing on Netflix? Movie reviews/recommendatons.

Most of us have or have access to Netflix. It's great for binge watching. Want to watch three seasons or more in a row? Go for it! It's here to stay so I was thinking we could start a Netflix review thread. I'm going to use a rating system out of 10. With 1 being WTF was that and 10 being this was exceptional how the heck did Netflix get this? I'll add to the list as time goes on. Would love to see other people's recommendations etc. Let's work together to turn wasted time, into time well wasted! If you were watching while drinking we might want to know that too. No spoilers please!

Scoring system: using the 1-10 scale. (1 being crap and 10 being exceptional)
    Subjective rating:
    = Mad at wasting my time ,
    Ok, time wasted but had nothing better to do
    This was good. I'd recommend it

Android Resurrection: 1/10 Complete crap!! Apparently the CX4 Storm was the weapon of choice in the future along with budget special effects that Elementary
    school students would be embarrassed to use on Youtube! The acting was also truly horrendous. Low budget? Try no budget! Save
    yourself the time and don't watch this crap.

Attack the Block: 6/10 UK version of boys in the hood only involving an alien invasion. I actually liked it. If you've seen everything else then sure it's ok.

Aeon Flux: 6/10 Not bad. Worth watching if nothing else is on. But let's face it Charlize Theron is really the draw here.
    Last edited by Gunny Bunny; 04-21-2015 at 09:55 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I will try and add as many as I can in the next couple of posts. I've decided to try and keep all of the reviews on these two pages if possible for easy viewing. In order to do this, I have had to remove the smiley face icons as Vbulletin considers them an image.

Archer: 8/10 Really enjoyed this show. It's animated and very entertaining.

Armageddon: 6/10 Quality production and budget. Good actors. Worth watching on a rainy day.

Assault on Precinct 13: 6/10 Quality production. Decent action movie. Worth watching. Plot is what it is.

Bad Ass and sequel Bad ASSES: 5/10 Watch on a rainy day after watching everything else. It's entertaining but it's mediocre.

Battle Los Angeles: 7.5/10 I actually really enjoyed this movie. Yes there are a few issues etc but overall it was entertaining and good production value. I have no problem watching this
    movie more than once.

Battle Ship: 6.5/10 Good production value and entertaining. The integrated the game to the movie in a clever way. Overall though it falls a bit flat. Good time waster though.

The Baytown Outlaws: 7/10 Sort of a Texas trash style Boondock Saints. I actually enjoyed it. A good time waster.

Black Death: 5/10 It has Sean Bean in it (sharpe, 006, the first bit of game of thrones). It's ok, but nothing special.

Black Rain: 5/10 An older movie that has some action and isn't bad but not great. Another time waster for when you have nothing else to do.

The Boondock Saints: 6/10 Not bad. Worth watching. Kind of cult like movie following with this. Not my favourite but I know many really liked it.

The Borne Identity: 8.5/10 This is the first one. I really liked it. Slick movie and a good action/thriller type. Worth watching. I'll group all the Borne movies here, even though some
    of the sequals don't live up to the first one (I know what's new right?)
    BoJack Horseman: 7/10 I liked it. Animated. One of the voice overs is Jesse from Breaking Bad. The intro scene for some reason reminds me of Grand theft auto for some reason.

Braveheart: 8.5/10 It's good. Worth watching. Was tempted to give it a 9/10 except there are some serious cheese moments in it.

Breaking bad: 10/10 Fantastic show! I started watching from the beginning when they were on the 4th season. The initial advertising with some old guy in his tighty whiteys wasn't appealing. After so many people saying how great it was, I gave in and checked out the first season on Blue Ray. Only to binge watch on the remaining seasons. One of the best shows!

Broken Arrow: 8/10 (John Travolta and Christian Slater) I enjoyed this one. It's well crafted, kind of cool and a good watch. It makes you want your own cool theme music!

Broken Arrow: 7/10 James Stewart. Jimmy Stewart is a class act. Early Western, a good afternoon watch. Not as good as Winchester 1873 or Rear Window but still I liked it.

Black book: 9/10 Very well done. It's from the perspective of a Jewish girl who finds herself in the horrors of the Germany during WWII. Worth the watch.

Bullet to the head: 6/10 It has Stallone in it. It's about what you would expect. Entertaining, good budget. An ok action flick.

Cloud Atlas: 5.5/10 Yes it has some big names in it, but I personally wasn't into it. Another one to watch if nothing else to do.

Covert Affairs - 7.5/10 really enjoyed this, first season was better than the second though ere which is a plus... now to wait for the next season

Firefly: 8.5/10 Space cowboys! It takes a couple shows to get into it. they cancelled it after the first season. I watched it when it was on TV but wasn't interested. Mainly because they never showed the pilot so you weren't really sure of what was going on or the character development. In otherwords I think the networks screwed up and this could have been a long running hit. The movie "Serenity" is good too and worth watching if you're a fan of the show. Even if you aren't, you can watch the movie as a stand alone

House - 6.5/10 good, interesting at times, his sarcasm seems so familiar

My best enemy 8/10. A Jewish family in Vienna during the beginning of the Nazi occupations. The family friend goes on to join the Nazi party and a struggle for survival ensues. Very well done. This like the other two is definitely worth watching.

Star Trek The Next Generation - 9/10 I'm a Trekkie so you can't go wrong

Suits - 9/10 awesome

The Shield 7.5/10 Really enjoyed this series. Complete fiction but still entertaining! I often find myself asking "What would Vic Mackey do"?

The 100 - 8/10 I really like it, also has lots of Norc T97's so it's gotta be filmed up h

The Unit - 8/10 pretty awesome

The Homesman: 6/10 Some decent name actors in it like Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank. Fairly brutal regarding life in the Old west. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Decent enough budget at least.

No Country for Old men: 8.5/10 . That was a good movie. Worth watching. Some action, more suspense though. It just had a high quality vibe and was very well done. I really enjoyed it.

Winter in Wartime: 9/10 Another very well done foreign WWII movie. A boy in German occupied Holland has to deal with the German threat, his friends, family and choosing a side in WWII. A really good movie.
    Last edited by Gunny Bunny; 08-28-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Someone is bored and trying to find something to watch on Netflix right now.

I recently watched " Warrior " on netfix. Its about 2 brothers that crawl out of their gutter lifestyle and end up competing against each other in a MMA fight competition. I would give it a 7/10

Oh and " End of Watch " gets a 9/10 Kick ass documentary style about to L.A. cops.

I will try and add as many as I can in the next couple of posts. I've decided to try and keep all of the reviews on these two pages if possible for easy viewing. In order to do this, I have had to remove the smiley face icons as Vbulletin considers them an image.

Black Death: 5/10 It has Sean Bean in it (sharpe, 006, the first bit of game of thrones). It's ok, but nothing special.

Black Rain: 5/10 An older movie that has some action and isn't bad but not great. Another time waster for when you have nothing else to do.

The Boondock Saints: 6/10 Not bad. Worth watching. Kind of cult like movie following with this. Not my favourite but I know many really liked it.

The Borne Identity: 8.5/10 This is the first one. I really liked it. Slick movie and a good action/thriller type. Worth watching. I'll group all the Borne movies here, even though some

Braveheart: 8.5/10 It's good. Worth watching. Was tempted to give it a 9/10 except there are some serious cheese moments in it.

Broken Arrow: 8/10 (John Travolta and Christian Slater) I enjoyed this one. It's well crafted, kind of cool and a good watch. It makes you want your own cool theme music!

Last edited by Gunny Bunny; 08-28-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Broken Arrow: 7/10 James Stewart. Jimmy Stewart is a class act. Early Western, a good afternoon watch. Not as good as Winchester 1873 or Rear Window but still I liked it.

Cloud Atlas: 5.5/10 Yes it has some big names in it, but I personally wasn't into it. Another one to watch if nothing else to do.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I've got a fairly new newborn at home so I spend some late nights up when nothing is on so have been watching some older TV series

Covert Affairs - 7.5/10 really enjoyed this, first season was better than the second though

The 100 - 8/10 I really like it, also has lots of Norc T97's so it's gotta be filmed up here which is a plus... now to wait for the next season

Suits - 9/10 awesome
    They call me CondomBoy... sometimes they call me Big Ryan... all else fails, just call me Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by condomboy View Post
    I've got a fairly new newborn at home so I spend some late nights up when nothing is on so have been watching some older TV series

Covert Affairs - 7.5/10 really enjoyed this, first season was better than the second though

The 100 - 8/10 I really like it, also has lots of Norc T97's so it's gotta be filmed up here which is a plus... now to wait for the next season

Suits - 9/10 awesome
    Really like House and Suits as well. I found House to be a bit of a one trick pony but still entertaining.

The Shield : 7.5/10 Really enjoyed this series. Complete fiction but still entertaining! I often find myself asking "What would Vic Mackey do"?

Breaking bad: 10/10 Fantastic show! I started watching from the beginning when they were on the 4th season. The initial advertising with some old guy in his tighty whiteys wasn't appealing. After so many people saying how great it was, I gave in and checked out the first season on Blue Ray. Only to binge watch on the remaining seasons. One of the best shows!

Archer: 8/10 Really enjoyed this show. It's animated and very entertaining.

BoJack Horseman: 7/10 I liked it. Animated. One of the voice overs is Jesse from Breaking Bad. The intro scene for some reason reminds me of Grand theft auto for some reason.

Firefly: 8.5/10 Space cowboys! It takes a couple shows to get into it. they cancelled it after the first season. I watched it when it was on TV but wasn't interested. Mainly because they never showed the pilot so you weren't really sure of what was going on or the character development. In otherwords I think the networks screwed up and this could have been a long running hit. The movie "Serenity" is good too and worth watching if you're a fan of the show. Even if you aren't, you can watch the movie as a stand alone.
    Last edited by Full Metal Jacket; 04-22-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Bunny View Post

Agreed! I rented Cloud Atlas and it sucked balls. Rear Window was classic HItchcock! Haven't seen 1873 or Broken Arrow. Will check it out when I get a chance.

Cloud Atlas is one of the worst movies I have eve seen. I would rather watch continuous re-runs of Grease all weekend than watch it again.

May need to go see if I can pick up a copy of Band of Brothers tonight.

Bullet to the head: 6/10 It has Stallone in it. It's about what you would expect. Entertaining, good budget. An ok action flick.

The Homesman: 6/10 Some decent name actors in it like Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank. Fairly brutal regarding life in the Old west. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Decent enough budget at least.

No Country for Old men: 8.5/10 . That was a good movie. Worth watching. Some action, more suspense though. It just had a high quality vibe and was very well done. I really enjoyed it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast