Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What's playing on Netflix? Movies reviews/recommendatons.

Wyona Earp: 2/10 . What a POS show. Acting sucks, amateur hour production value. The best part is the intro.

Flint Town : 9/10. Wow! Policing in the poorest US city. A thriving city is hit by unemployment after the auto industry moved out. Then there is a water crisis as the city is hit with lead contamination. Poverty, hardships and crime. Along with uncertainty for those trying to keep everything together. Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    Flint Town : 9/10. Wow! Policing in the poorest US city. A thriving city is hit by unemployment after the auto industry moved out. Then there is a water crisis as the city is hit with lead contamination. Poverty, hardships and crime. Along with uncertainty for those trying to keep everything together. Very well done!
    It is just brutal to watch, a city of 95,000+ with less than 100 police officers, any typical night there might be 10 officers on duty all for $15 an hour.
    I am not an animal I am a human bean!

Limitless: 8/10. I really enjoyed the movie. It's now on Newflix.

Limitless TV: 7/10. I enjoyed it. It's fun and high budget. But there is only one season. I would have watched another season as well.

The Hitman's Bodyguard: 8/10. It was fun. Good action, high production and acting was decent. It's a worthwhile action flick. Just forget the plot holes and you'll enjoy it.

Transformers: The last knight:
    6/10. More of the same. I actually did enjoy the first one. The rest are decent if there's nothing else on. It's entertaining just nothing new.

Lost in Space: 7/10 - Sci-fi, Remake of the 60’s sci-fi TV series of the same name, which was inspired by The Swiss Family Robinson. There was the film reboot in 1998, as well as a TV series in 2004. The plot basically follows a family of space colonists’ struggle to survive after their ship is damaged.

I haven’t watched the original 60’s TV series, but did watch the 1998 reboot and liked it. Overall, I liked the 2018 series, great visuals, just turn off my brain and watch. Some things irked me a bit, and there were moments when I thought WTF, but it’s watchable. Some have complained about SJW being crammed down your throat, but I don’t think we can completely escape that in today’s society.

I binge watched in two sittings, though I probably could have sat there and watched the whole thing in one shot. I wasn’t able to go back and watch it again, but I’ll probably watch a second season if there is one.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

I’ve seen 3 of the new lost in space series. Not bad. I’ve also seen the original 60s show and it was fairly hokey. This new one isn’t bad. Now that being said The wife pisses me off a bit. The husband is some sort of big shot special forces but she figures she’s always in charge? Ya ok. The show does explore that conflict although there were a number of situations were she should have been told to pound sand.

Robbie robot is way cooler in this latest version!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    I’ve seen 3 of the new lost in space series. Not bad. I’ve also seen the original 60s show and it was fairly hokey. This new one isn’t bad. Now that being said The wife pisses me off a bit. The husband is some sort of big shot special forces but she figures she’s always in charge? Ya ok. The show does explore that conflict although there were a number of situations were she should have been told to pound sand.

Robbie robot is way cooler in this latest version!
    Lol, that's why I got myself a samurai's wife - made in Japan, from the country side, has never PMS raged in the 15 years that I have known her.

She's not always bows and smiles, and has ocassionally gotten cranky like a normal person, but has never, ever raised her voice at me.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Wind River: 9/10. Very well done. This is a must see if you like mystery thrillers with some action. It bucks the recent trend of moving extremely slowly to pride itself on it's cinematography (Yes blade runner 2049 I'm looking at you!!). Yet it does have breathtaking shots along with a plot line and character development that moves at just the right pace.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567