Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BCL 102 build/project thread

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    Ok, I renewed my Mission range membership online the other night.
    The talk is Mission have started pioneering parts of the forest on their property, to add more ranges including an IPSC one.
    I am not an animal I am a human bean!

Pass or fail? Or did I even do the test right?

I realize the BCG is bone dry, so I gave it a clean and a good dosage of CLP, but maybe we won't bother if the rings are pooched.

ETA: I have since been told this is not the correct way to test the gas rings of an AR308 bolt. Will upload a new video of the test done correctly to see what the hive thinks.
    Last edited by mister donut; 04-10-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Hahah, WTF?

I've been reading up on it and I've heard some conflicting stuff on that test as well. I've never had to worry about that stuff before. Just soak with G96, I use 0W40 pure synthetic on the high wear points and it's good to go. I would suggest taking the BCG apart and just checking the finish inside along with the gas rings to see if they look fine. Of course soak with G96 and oil the high wear points.

I hear they are shipping out the pre order 3 FDE really soon, so I keep checking my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    The talk is Mission have started pioneering parts of the forest on their property, to add more ranges including an IPSC one.
    Cool. I like their pistol and rifle ranges. The only thing I'm not fond of with the rifle range are the various changing winds due to the mountain/hill. I've seen dirt devils there along with the wind going one way at 100 metres and the opposite at 300. A bit frustrating when sighting in and testing with $2 a round match ammo.

Ok, so, apparently this is the correct way to test the gas rings, yank the firing pin retaining pin, the firing pin, and the cam pin, hang the BCG so the bolt is fscing down, and it should drop free if the rings are gone.

It took some shaking to get the bolt to fall out so I have no idea, guess the rings are ok?

Anyway, bolt and carrier were bone dry so I lubed it up with a good dosage of CLP. Lets see if I have time to take it for a rip this weekend.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Shes done finally :-)

8.4 Lbs no optic

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345