Thread: Hunt Mania Gun Shows

Hunt Mania Gun Shows

Has anyone been to one of these in Alberta? How would you rate them as compared to independent gun shows hosted by gun clubs and such?

How do they compare to a traditional gun show?

Are these mainly trade shows and sportsman's products shows?

If they are mainly displaying a lot of sportsman's products like ATVs and such, I would not be interested.

I prefer looking for the used guns and reloading supplies and books and such found at venues like the Calgary gun show, but for small town shows of course, on a smaller scale.

So what say you?

I guess that nobody has been to one. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shootist1873 View Post
    I guess that nobody has been to one. LOL
    Sorry. This is the first time I’ve heard of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
    Sorry. This is the first time I’ve heard of these.
    Thanks for your reply.

I guess that it depends on where the members live as much as anything.

Since going to any gun show near Edmonton involves some 40 to 60 miles of driving now (at least), I just wondered if these commercial shows were worth the time and gas money.

My gut tells me to pass them up.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist1873 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I guess that it depends on where the members live as much as anything.

Since going to any gun show near Edmonton involves some 40 to 60 miles of driving now (at least), I just wondered if these commercial shows were worth the time and gas money.

My gut tells me to pass them up.
    I suspect you are right. Keep in mind the large outdoor stores make most of their money selling clothing, shoes etc. firearm stuff has a fairly small margin in comparison. That being said might be a fun morning or afternoon just to see.

I hadn't been to one of the Hangar shows on Kingsway in YEARS. Only way I'll be going out to Spruce Grove for Hunt Mania is if I get tapped to work the CCFR table.
    I never did play well with others. Never wanted to.
    Still some jackass on the other side of the internet pissing people off since the days of dial-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    I hadn't been to one of the Hangar shows on Kingsway in YEARS. Only way I'll be going out to Spruce Grove for Hunt Mania is if I get tapped to work the CCFR table.
    I don't believe that these are the Hunt Mania shows. These are the Edmonton Gun Show. Originally hosted at The Air Museum on Kingsway, they moved them to the Heritage Park in Stony Plain.
    These are from all accounts good shows.

Hunt Mania Productions seems to focus on larger towns and smaller cities located away from the major centers of Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary, which don't normally host other gun shows to compete with them.

They list Grande Prairie, Camrose, Lamont, Edson, Fort Mac, and Rocky Mountain House for this year.
    Last edited by shootist1873; 02-07-2018 at 06:19 PM.